How the Houston Zoo Helps
- The Houston Zoo is replanting 300,000 trees to create forested corridors in Malaysia to directly protect wildlife including elephants, orangutans and clouded leopards.
- The Houston Zoo is assisting partners in Madagascar working to replant wildlife habitat to protect lemurs.
- The Houston Zoo works with community education programs in Rwanda to replant bamboo and other native trees in communities around Virunga National Park, home to mountain gorillas.
How You Can Help
- Visit the Houston Zoo! Every admission ticket and membership sold is helping the Zoo plant trees to reforest habitat and help to protect wildlife.
- Find out more about our work in Borneo through our one-hour TV special with partners, KPRC2 News.