How the Houston Zoo Helps
- The Zoo is replanting 300,000 trees to create forested corridors in palm oil plantations to directly protect wildlife.
- The Zoo provides salaries for 2 staff in Southeast Asia who are working to protect wildlife in and around palm oil plantations.
- In 2018, our wildlife conservation partners deployed more than 100 camera traps on the island of Borneo to better understand how animals use the forest and palm oil plantations
How You Can Help
- Visit the Houston Zoo! Every admission ticket and membership sold helps the Houston Zoo purchase and replant trees to protect wildlife in palm oil plantations.
- Find out more about our support of wildlife protection efforts in Southeast Asia through our one-hour TV special with partners, KPRC Channel 2.