Booking After-Hours Programs
Hours & Important Information
Overnight Program Times: 5:30pm – 9:00am
Overnight Arrival Period: 5:30-6:15pm
Overnight Registration: $75 per person
Twilight Safari Program Times: 5:00-8:00pm
Twilight Safari Arrival Period: 5:00-5:15pm
Twilight Safari Registration: $40 per person
*All available spring Twilight Safari dates have been booked*
Age requirement: 6 years old and up
Chaperone requirement: 1 adult per every 5 children, ages 6 – 17
A minimum of 20 participants is required for after-hours programs. Campsite and program location will be selected by Education staff based on availability and group size.
All overnights will be held on the following Saturdays, from 5:30 pm-9:00 am:
Full payment required at the time of reservation. Register now to lock in 2023 pricing! Prices subject to change for 2024.
Note: Strikeouts indicate a sold out date. An asterisk indicates fewer than 20 spaces remaining.
Sample Overnight Schedule
|Arrival and campsite setup*
|Welcome and introductions
|Animal presentation, activities, and night tour
|Evening wrap up and prepare for bed
|Lights out (quiet hours start)
|Wake up, pack up, and load vehicles
|Morning tour before Zoo opens
All times, excluding arrival and program end time, are approximate and subject to change.
*Please plan to eat prior to your arrival or pack a ready-to-eat picnic dinner. We do not schedule time specifically for dinner, so any meals packed should be eaten during arrival and campsite setup.
We believe there should be no boundaries to the Overnight experience. Guests of all abilities are welcome to join. Trained staff facilitate programming at all times.
The Overnight experience includes:
- Exploring Zoo grounds, which has varying smells, light, noise, and temperature levels
- Maneuvering on uneven terrain
- Spending up to 2 hours at a time outdoors
- Participating in both group and individual activities
- Moving to and from the floor or ground
- Utilizing public restrooms
- Maintaining a positive attitude and following staff instructions
Our goal is to set up all guests and staff for success. To help us provide the best possible experience, please inform us of all special considerations prior to participation. This may include information on allergies, accessibility concerns, behavioral, psychological or emotional conditions as well as any other special needs. Please contact us prior to registration at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-533-6739 to make an accommodation request. We are happy to work with households to make Overnights accessible to guests with varying needs. We are, however, unable to provide one-on-one support or supplementary services.
- Overnight registration includes next-day admission, snacks, and a light breakfast. Please plan to eat prior to your arrival or pack a ready-to-eat picnic dinner.
- All listed overnight dates are also available for public registration. Groups of more than 20 participants will be split into smaller groups to better facilitate the evening tour. Groups will be together for the welcome, camp site prep, camping, and breakfast.
- Overnight and Twilight Safari experiences are front-of-scenes for the safety of our animals and guests. If you are interested in other interactive experiences for your family, please check out our Animal Encounters page!
- Program Scheduling & Refunds: Guests who provide written notice of cancellation to email@example.com on or before 3 weeks (21 days) prior to the program date will receive a full refund. No refund will be issued after this date. Rescheduling is subject to availability at a $40 change fee.