Already a Member?
Basic Benefits for All Zoo Members Include
- Unlimited FREE Zoo admission for one full year from your date of purchase (not calendar year.)
- Exclusive use of the Members Express Entrance
- Monthly Member Morning – Early entrance at 8:00 a.m. the first Saturday of each month, except November
- Discounted admission tickets for guests
- Discount on Texas Direct Auto Wildlife Carousel rides
- An invitation to Zoobilee, the Houston Zoo’s annual member appreciation celebration
- FREE or discounted admission at over 100 other zoos nationwide. See the list of participating zoos.
- Discount on TXU Energy Presents Zoo Lights tickets
- 10% off purchases in the Houston Zoo Gift Shop (some restrictions apply)
- Exclusive opportunity to reserve a Birthday Party Package
- Discount on behind-the-scenes tours
- Early registration for Camp Zoofari, Houston Zoo’s summer camp program
- Bi-weekly e-newsletter with the latest Zoo news
Choose Your Membership Level and Join
- Kid Keeper/Nanny option allows you to send up to 6 children ages 2-11 to the Zoo with one adult caregiver when you cannot come yourself.
- Four single, one-time passes to the Texas Direct Auto Wildlife Carousel
- Four single, one-time use guest passes*
- Priority registration for Camp Zoofari, Houston Zoo’s summer camp program
- 15% off purchases in the Houston Zoo Gift Shop (some restrictions apply)
- Two additional guests may attend Zoobilee
* For memberships purchased online or by mail, the guest passes will arrive with your membership cards by mail. Guest passes cannot be redeemed until received with membership cards. All guest passes must be presented at any Houston Zoo membership or ticket window for redemption.
Gift memberships are for someone in another household. To purchase a gift membership, choose a level above, and you will be prompted during the checkout process to indicate whether it is a gift.
Membership Gift Certificate to give before gift membership cards arrive!
Holiday Gift Membership Certificate available here!
Question about gift memberships? E-mail our Membership Staff.
Exclusive Member Events
Visit the Frequently Asked Questions page for all the answers:
Walk-Up Membership Window and Membership Office
Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily, with extended summer hours
By Phone: 713-533-6535
Will Your Employer Match Your Membership?
Did you know you may be able to double or even triple your membership contribution at no cost to you? Many employers will match your current membership contribution. The matching gift does not change your membership level, but the additional gift is a huge help to the Zoo.
Contact your Human Resources Department to find out if your employer has a matching gifts program.
Your Membership is Tax Deductible
Estimated Fair Market Value of Benefits: All costs may be considered a contribution to the Houston Zoo, Inc., a Section 501(c)(3) charity. The Internal Revenue Service has issued guidelines that affect the charitable contribution portion of memberships. Under those guidelines, members may claim the amount of their membership fee, less the fair market value of benefits received. For Individual Members, the fair market value of benefits received is not substantial. The estimated fair market value of benefits received for other categories are: Family $14.50; Family Plus $29; Senior 65+ $27; Family Premium $66; Sustaining $66; Conservator $66.