Already a Member?
Basic Benefits for All Zoo Members Include
- Unlimited FREE Zoo admission for one full year from your date of purchase (not calendar year.)
- Exclusive use of the Members Express Entrance
- Monthly Member Morning – Early entrance at 8:00 a.m. the first Saturday of each month, except November
- Discounted admission tickets for guests
- Discount on Texas Direct Auto Wildlife Carousel rides
- An invitation to Zoobilee, the Houston Zoo’s annual member appreciation celebration
- FREE or discounted admission at over 100 other zoos nationwide. See the list of participating zoos.
- Discount on TXU Energy Presents Zoo Lights tickets
- 10% off purchases in the Houston Zoo Gift Shop (some restrictions apply)
- Exclusive opportunity to purchase a Birthday Party Package
- Discount on behind-the-scenes tours
- Early registration for Camp Zoofari, Houston Zoo’s summer camp program
- Bi-weekly e-newsletter with the latest Zoo news
Choose Your Membership Level and Join
- Kid Keeper/Nanny option allows you to send up to 6 children ages 2-11 to the Zoo with one adult caregiver when you cannot come yourself.
- Four single, one-time passes to the Texas Direct Auto Wildlife Carousel
- Four single, one-time use guest passes*
- Priority registration for Camp Zoofari, Houston Zoo’s summer camp program
- 15% off purchases in the Houston Zoo Gift Shop (some restrictions apply)
- Two additional guests may attend Zoobilee
* For memberships purchased online or by mail, the guest passes will arrive with your membership cards by mail. Guest passes cannot be redeemed until received with membership cards. All guest passes must be presented at any Houston Zoo membership or ticket window for redemption.
Purchasing a gift for someone in another household? Choose a level above and you will be prompted during the checkout process to indicate that your purchase is for a gift. Please note that you must provide the recipient’s name, address and contact information. We are unable to change the primary name on the membership once purchase is complete. Please allow up to three weeks for membership cards to be mailed.
NEW! Gift Membership Certificates
Our membership gift certificates allow you to purchase a membership without entering any contact information for the recipient. Our gift certificates are perfect for auctions/event prizes, gifts for employees, holiday gifts and more. A PDF of your gift certificate is attached to your receipt for convenient presentation. Certificates may be redeemed online up to six months from the date of purchase. *Promotional codes or discounts cannot be applied to gift membership certificate purchases.
Redeeming a Membership Certificate — ONLINE ONLY
Did you receive a membership gift certificate? To redeem, select the membership level shown on your certificate from the choices above and click “Join Now.” Your certificate number will serve as the discount code to be entered during checkout. Memberships are valid for one year from the date of redemption. *The gift certificate must be redeemed by the expiration date shown on the certificate. Certificates must be redeemed online only.
Exclusive Member Events
Looking for a fun and unique way to celebrate your animal lover’s birthday? Hosting your child’s party at the Houston Zoo is the experience for you! As a Member, you have the exclusive opportunity to purchase a Birthday Party Package! With optional additions such as a special Animal Experience and professional face painting, a birthday party at the Zoo will be an unforgettable experience for you and your guests. Reserve your party today!
Visit the Frequently Asked Questions page for all the answers:
Will Your Employer Match Your Membership?
Did you know you may be able to double or even triple your membership contribution at no cost to you? Many employers will match your current membership contribution. The matching gift does not change your membership level, but the additional gift is a huge help to the Zoo.
Contact your Human Resources Department to find out if your employer has a matching gifts program.
Employers typically have webpages where you can enter your new membership information. Feel great knowing you helped your Zoo even more!
Your Membership is Tax Deductible
Estimated Fair Market Value of Benefits: All costs may be considered a contribution to the Houston Zoo, Inc., a Section 501(c)(3) charity. The Internal Revenue Service has issued guidelines that affect the charitable contribution portion of memberships. Under those guidelines, members may claim the amount of their membership fee, less the fair market value of benefits received. For Individual Members, the fair market value of benefits received is not substantial. The estimated fair market value of benefits received for other categories are: Family $14.50; Family Plus $29; Senior 65+ $29; Family Premium $66; Sustaining $66; Conservator $66.
Walk-Up Membership Window and Membership Office
Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily, with extended summer hours
By Phone: 713-533-6535