Basic Benefits for All Zoo Members Include
- Unlimited FREE Zoo admission for one full year
- Exclusive use of the Members Express Entrance
- Monthly Member Morning – get in early at 8:00 a.m.
- Discount admission tickets for guests
- Discount on Texas Direct Auto Wildlife Carousel rides, the 4-D Experience, and Zoo Lights
- An invitation to Zoobilee, the Houston Zoo’s annual member appreciation celebration
- FREE or discounted admission at over 150 other zoos nationwide. See the list of participating zoos.
- A subscription to WildLife, The Houston Zoo’s member magazine
- 10% off purchases in the Houston Zoo Gift Shop (some restrictions apply)
- Discount on birthday parties, special events, and behind-the-scenes tours
- Early registration for Camp Zoofari, Houston Zoo’s summer camp program
- Weekly e-newsletter with the latest Zoo news
Choose Your Membership Level and Join
- Kid Keeper/Nanny option allows you to send up to 6 children ages 2-11 to the Zoo with one adult caregiver when you cannot come yourself.
- Four single, one-time passes to the Texas Direct Auto Wildlife Carousel
- Four single, one-time use guest passes*
- Priority registration for Camp Zoofari, Houston Zoo’s summer camp program
- 15% off purchases in the Houston Zoo Gift Shop (some restrictions apply)
- Two additional guests may attend Zoobilee
Gift memberships are for someone in another household. To purchase a gift membership, choose a level above, and you will be prompted during the checkout process to indicate whether it is a gift.
Download a printable gift certificate to give before gift membership cards arrive!
Question about gift memberships? E-mail our Membership Staff.
Exclusive Member Events
New to being a Member? Join us for exclusive, exciting events only open to current Houston Zoo members.
Already a Member?
Log in to make purchases as a member, or click to renew your membership.
Visit the Frequently Asked Questions page for all the answers:
Walk-Up Membership Window Hours: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily, with extended summer hours
Membership Office Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday-Friday, excluding holidays
By Phone: 713-533-6535
Will Your Employer Match Your Membership?
Did you know you may be able to double or even triple your membership contribution at no cost to you? Many employers will match your current membership contribution. The matching gift does not change your membership level, but the additional gift is a huge help to the Zoo.
Contact your Human Resources Department to find out if your employer has a matching gifts program.
Your Membership is Tax Deductible
Estimated Fair Market Value of Benefits: All costs may be considered a contribution to the Houston Zoo, Inc., a Section 501(c)(3) charity. The Internal Revenue Service has issued guidelines that affect the charitable contribution portion of memberships. Under those guidelines, members may claim the amount of their membership fee, less the fair market value of benefits received. For Individual members, the fair market value of benefits received is not substantial. The estimated fair market value of benefits received for other categories are: Family $12.50; Family Plus $25; Grandparent $25; Family Premium $58; Sustaining $58; Conservator $58.
Donation Requests from Charitable Organizations
The Houston Zoo is pleased to consider requests for Houston Zoo memberships in support of fundraising events for licensed nonprofit organizations in the Greater Houston Area.