Become a Zoo Member today and go wild with exclusive benefits!
It’s a better time than ever to become a Member of The Houston Zoo. Members receive free admission to the Houston Zoo and many other exclusive benefits. Stay all day or just an hour – you can go home early, perfectly comfortable knowing you can return anytime during regular operating hours, free, as a Member.
To purchase a membership, choose a level below and click GO.
Gift memberships are for someone in another household. To purchase a gift membership, choose a level below and you will be prompted to indicate whether it is a gift after you click GO.
Download a printable gift certificate to give before gift membership cards arrive!
For questions about gift memberships,
e-mail our Membership Staff.
Have a membership but need to upgrade or renew?
Membership Basic Benefits
All levels of Membership enjoy the following benefits for one full year:
- FREE admission for one full year
- Exclusive use of the Members Only Express Entrance
- An invitation to Zoobilee, the Houston Zoo’s annual member appreciation celebration
- Discounts on special events, speaker events, tours, and adult classes
- $50 discount off Houston Zoo birthday parties – click here to book your party today
- Weekly e-newsletters with the latest Houston Zoo news
- A FREE subscription to WildLife, The Houston Zoo’s member magazine
- 10% off purchases in the Houston Zoo Gift Shop
- Discount on Wildlife Carousel Rides, 4-D Experience, and Zoo Lights
- Free or discounted admission at over 150 other zoos nationwide.
See the list of participating zoos.
- Monthly Member Morning, early entrance @ 8:00 a.m. just for Members
- Members receive discounts on admission tickets for friends and family – $2 off adult tickets and $1 off child tickets. (tickets must be purchased by the card holding member)
Membership Frequently Asked Questions
General Membership Questions
What level of membership would be best for me?
What sort of discounts does my membership include?
When can I use my membership for admittance inside the zoo?
Do members have early admittance?
What other zoos and aquariums do I have access to with my Houston Zoo membership?
What is considered to be a dependent on a membership?
What is a Single-Use Guest Pass?
How long is my membership valid?
Is my membership tax deductible?
Questions about Membership Account Information
How can I update info on my membership account?
How can I add or change a name on my account?
Questions about Membership Cards
Why am I asked to show photo ID along with my membership card?
How long does it take to receive my membership cards?
Can I visit the zoo before I receive my cards?
Can I utilize my membership if I left my card at home?
Can I loan my membership card to a friend, family member or caretaker?
What do I do if I lose my membership card?
My child wants to come to the Zoo without me. Can I give them my card?
Already a Member? Log in to our e-commerce system to receive discounts when you purchase tickets.
Exclusive Member Events
New to being a Member? Want to take even more advantage of your Zoo membership? Consider attending one of these exclusive, exciting events.
Basic benefits for one named adult and one guest
$159 Supporting (Best Value!)
* For memberships purchased online or by mail, the guest passes will arrive with your membership cards by mail. Guest passes cannot be redeemed until received with membership cards. All guest passes must be presented at any Houston Zoo membership or ticket window for redemption.
Walk-Up Membership Window
Hours: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day, with extended summer hours
Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday-Friday, excluding holidays
Your membership payment is Tax Deductible
If you have the Individual, Family, Family Plus, Grandparent or Supporting level membership, the fair market value of your benefits is not substantial and therefore the entire amount you paid is tax deductible.
If you have the Sustaining level membership, the fair market value of your benefits is $53, leaving a total of $197 that is tax deductible.
If you have a Conservator level membership, the fair market value of your benefits is $153, leaving a total of $347 that is tax deductible.
Will Your Employer Match Your Membership?
Did you know you may be able to double or even triple your membership contribution at no cost to you? Many employers will match your current membership contribution. The matching gift does not change your membership level but the additional gift is a huge help to the Zoo.
Contact your Human Resources Department directly in order to find out if your employer has a matching gifts program.
1. Obtain the form from your HR department.
2. Fill out the form and send it to the Zoo along with your gift
3. Feel great knowing you helped your Zoo even more!
Membership Donation Requests for Charitable Organizations
The Houston Zoo is pleased to consider requests for your charitable organization’s donations in support of fundraising events for licensed nonprofit organizations in the Greater Houston Area.