Donor Recognition and Benefits Update
June 16, 2023
We’re thankful for your support of the Keeping Our World Wild Centennial Capital Campaign. Here’s an update on the donor recognition and benefits that donors will be receiving. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Name included in Houston Zoo’s digital 2022 Annual Report
- Receive a copy of the Centennial Commemorative Book
- Some donors received this book by mail and others were able to pick them up at our Galápagos Islands exhibit preview events.
- Name entered into a raffle for one year of reserved parking
- The winner of the raffle was contacted by email.
- Donor recognition on a temporary Centennial Art installation
- The Centennial Art Installation recognizing our donors is complete! You can find it near the whooping crane habitat. As this is a temporary installation, we hope you will visit it soon. We expect the installation to remain up through June 30, 2023.
- Invitation to a special Galápagos Islands Donor Day to be held before the exhibit opens to the public
- This event took place Sunday, April 2, 2023.
- Opportunity for a commemorative photograph at the Donor Day event
- Guests of the Donor Day were invited to take a commemorative photo and also receive a keepsake photo frame.
- Invitation to a special adults-only evening reception and preview of Galápagos Islands
- This event took place on Friday, March 24, 2023.
- Name included on our Centennial Campaign donor wall at the Zoo’s entrance
- The Centennial Wall is complete and can be found at the exit of Galápagos Islands
Open April 7, 2023
A bigger, better home for sea lions and introducing penguins to Houston
This exhibit will tell the story of the history-changing biodiversity of the Galápagos, featuring giant tortoises, iguanas, sea turtles, sharks, rays, and an expansive aquatic habitat for sea lions. The exhibit will also include a state-of-the-art habitat for a species new to Houston Zoo: Humboldt penguins.
Recognition and Benefits
We are deeply grateful for Houston Zoo supporters who generously supported this transformative campaign. To show our appreciation, donors who gave $250 or more by August 31, 2022, will receive the special recognition and benefits outlined below. More details, delivery information, invitations, etc. will be sent to donors by email.
In 2017, we launched the Keeping Our World Wild: Centennial Campaign with a goal to raise $150 million and transform nearly 50% of our campus with new exhibits. To date, we’ve raised more than $147 million, which has allowed us to build new experiences for you like Kathrine G. McGovern Texas Wetlands, South America’s Pantanal, and so much more.
For questions about this campaign, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713.533.6819.