These posts typically occur on weekend or school holiday days, though participants must plan ahead to ensure their Zoo Crew commitments do not conflict with other extracurricular activities.
Fall (October– January)
- Two shifts of Howlerween at Zoo Boo
- One day of Camp Mentoring
Spring (January- May)
Three shifts as Naturalist. This can include opportunities such as Naturalist station development, Spotlight on Species events, World Lemur Festival, etc.
You can add to your Year-Round Zoo Crew experience by including any of the following optional activities:
- Staff and Board Mentoring
- Connecting with Conservation Partners
- Spotlight on Species (SOS) events
- World Lemur Festival
- Naturalist station activity development
- Special Zoo Events (like Dreamnight)
- New Camp Guide and New Zoo Crew Interviews
- And more! New opportunities are always being added.
Year-Round Zoo Crew Program Fees
- Summer only: $150
- Year-Round: additional $200
Once teens have been accepted into Zoo Crew they do not need to reapply for Year-Round Zoo Crew. Year-Round Zoo Crew registration will be available at the end of the summer Zoo Crew season.
Unable to attend our information sessions? Information from the 2020 information sessions will be posted here. Check back in January.
Check out our Adventure Programs for more ways for teens to get involved with the Houston Zoo!
Questions? Email us at email@example.com or call us at 713-533-6567