Location in the Zoo
Cool Animal Fact
A lion’s roar can be heard up to five miles away!
How We Help Save Them
- The Zoo provides training, salaries, equipment, and support for people in Africa saving lions.
- The Zoo provides support for Kenyan wildlife professionals to preform interventions to resolve human-lion conflicts and find solutions for humans to live alongside wild lions safely and peacefully.
- The Zoo provides support for Mozambiquan wildlife professionals to track wild lion movement patterns to inform future protection plans for the species.
Protecting Lions in the Wild - Our Conservation Partners
- Pride Lion Conservation Alliance members have joined forces, working together as a united front to impact lion conservation on a meaningful scale.
- PRIDE is protecting nearly 25% of Africa’s estimated remaining wild lions. Work over 85,700km² in 4 key lion range countries.
- 450 local people employed through PRIDE across 4 lion range countries.
Donate to PRIDE and help save lions in the wild:
Five Pride Lion Conservation Alliance Members
Niassa Carnivore Project, Mozambique
Ewaso Lion Project, Kenya
Ruaha Carnivore Project, Tanzania
Lion Guardians, Kenya and Tanzania
Lion Landscapes, Kenya and Zambia
Niassa Carnivore Project’s mission is to conserve lions and other large carnivores (leopards, spotted hyenas, and African wild dogs) in the vast NNR (16,000 ml2; 42,000 km2) in Mozambique. We work in collaboration with the Mozambican government, the Reserve Management Authority, and local communities. NNR is vital for global wildlife conservation efforts, particularly for lions and African wild dogs. Lions, in particular, are in crisis throughout Africa.
Donate to Niassa Carnivore Project:
Ewaso Lions is dedicated to conserving lions and other large carnivores by promoting coexistence between people and wildlife.
Donate to Ewaso Lion Project:
The Ruaha Carnivore Project is committed to achieving successful human-carnivore coexistence by empowering local communities and developing effective strategies for long-term carnivore conservation.
Donate to Ruaha Carnivore Project: