Celebrating 100 Years
The Houston Zoo turned 100 this year! We kicked off our Centennial celebration on April 30 with a Birthday Bash Extravaganza. If you missed our April event, don’t worry, we’re continuing the celebration all year long with a variety of special events.
Watch a clip of our birthday party recap below.
- A Centennial Mural Project featuring six murals around the city highlighting the conservation work we do across the globe.
- Dive into the weekend with Centennial Saturdays happening on the first Saturday of every month. Festivities include extra keeper talks, live ice carvings, and more. Entry is included with general admission and free for members.
- Snap a photo with Centennial-themed photo ops throughout the Zoo, including at the Reflection Pool and Texas Wetlands Overlook. #HouZoo100
- See how the Zoo has transformed over the last 100 years by exploring our physical timeline located along the construction fence at the McGovern Front Plaza.
- Our newest exhibit Galápagos Islands is opening in early 2023 as we close out our Centennial celebration next year.