The Asante Society at the Houston Zoo is a group of philanthropic individuals who help ensure the vitality and excellence of the Zoo while learning more about wildlife and wild places. Annual membership donations of $1,200 or more directly support the Zoo’s core programs: animal care, education, and conservation.
Asante members experience the Zoo in unique ways, with opportunities to go behind the scenes to meet our animals and their keepers, learn more about important conservation topics championed by the Zoo, and have fun at several exclusive Zoo events.
Please call (713) 533-6840 if you wish to join the Asante Society with a monthly gift.
All members of the Asante Society will receive these basic benefits:
- Unlimited complimentary Zoo admission for you and up to nine (9) guests per visit
- Kid Keeper privilege – enables you to send your children to the Zoo with an adult caregiver
- Priority registration for Camp Zoofari (for children or grandchildren of the household)
- 20% discount in the Houston Zoo Gift Shops
- Admission for sixteen (16) to Zoobilee, the Zoo’s annual member appreciation event
- Recognition in the Zoo’s annual report
- Asante Society Zoo news alerts – be the first to know
- 10% discount on facility rentals for private events or meetings (does not include Zoo-wide events or catering fees)
- Discounted general admission to the Zoo’s annual Feast with the Beasts event
- Free or discounted admission to more than 100 Zoos across the nation (check website for current participants)
- Unlimited rides on the Texas Direct Auto Wildlife Carousel
Recent Event Photos
Asante Society Members Are Essential to the Future of the Zoo
Your contribution plays an important role in the success of our core programs.
- Animal Care – The Houston Zoo is home to thousands of ambassador animals representing more than 800 species from around the world. Your Asante Society gift helps provide naturalistic habitats, nutritious meals, exceptional veterinary care, and plenty of enriching activity.
- Conservation – Your support ensures the continued success of the Zoo’s critical Wildlife Conservation Programs, both locally and internationally, to secure populations of endangered wildlife and protect vanishing wild places.
- Education – Your donor club membership allows the Zoo to ignite a passion for lifelong learning and conservation in our 2.55 million+ annual guests.
- Community Access – Asante Society contributions help the Zoo offer free access to schoolchildren and families in the Houston region to ensure we remain a Zoo for All.
If you have any questions about the Asante Society or other ways to support the Houston Zoo, call the Donor Hotline at (713) 533-6840 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.