December 30, 31
January 2, 3
Registration now open!
Drop Off: 8:45 – 9:15 a.m.
3/4 Day Pick Up: 1:45 – 2:00 p.m.
Full Day Pick Up: 3:45 – 4:15 p.m.
Before camp programming*: 7:30 – 7:45 a.m.
*Before Camp Programming is a separate purchase. For full details, please see our Camp Policies.
Full Day Camp – $90/day
3/4 Day Camp* – $80/day
Before Camp Programming – $15/day
*All four-year-old topics are 3/4 day camps. Full day camps start at 5 years of age.
For our school-break camps, camp is offered as day-long experiences built around different themes. Activities and interactions are tailored to your camper’s age. Each day will offer different experiences, and campers will have the opportunity every day to either feed the giraffes or ride the carousel. Join us for a single day or mix and match as many as you wish!
This season, all offerings for our four-year-old campers will be 3/4 day offerings. Each group will be supervised at a decreased ratio of 1 staff member for every 6 campers, instead of our standard 8. This lower ratio ensures more support and direct camper/staff interactions for all of our youngest campers. These groups will still visit all the same areas of the Zoo as our full day campers, including feeding giraffes and riding the carousel.
Animals are amazing! From our gorillas building elaborate nests, cheetahs running fast, a snake smelling with its tongue or flamingos dancing, the animals of the Houston Zoo have tons of talent! Each day, campers will discover a new group of talented Zoo animals and then test their skills in a camper-to-camper competition.
- 4-year-olds – Get ready to sing like a siamang and dance like whooping cranes! Song and dance are important to many animals and how they communicate. We will meet the musical animals of the Zoo and learn about their special rituals as we create our own rhythm and movements! As a reminder, camp for all 4-year-olds ends at 1:45 pm.
- 5- and 6-year-olds – Get ready to sing like a siamang and dance like whooping cranes! Song and dance are important to many animals and how they communicate. We will meet the musical animals of the Zoo and learn about their special rituals as we create our own rhythm and movements!
- 7- to 9-year-olds – Powerful, playful and on the prowl! Nature is full of impressive animal Olympians –from the tiniest heavy-weight lifting ants to graceful gibbons in the trees. Campers will get moving in active and energetic exploration of animal strength and finesse.
- 10- to 14-year-olds – An impressive array of animals like elephants and American alligators function as ecosystem engineers –building useful habitats for others and creating ornate structures that emulate man-made sculptures and art. Campers will investigate the ways that animals modify their environments and will then create their own nature-inspired designs and solutions to everyday conservation issues.
Information regarding Summer Camp Zoofari 2020 topics and registration will be available January 6. Check back soon for more details!
Camp Communication is by Email. Check your email for a receipt! Please be sure you are receiving email from Camp Zoofari by checking your SPAM settings in your email. If registering for someone else, be sure to forward them all emails. Camp Zoofari communicates up to the start of camp via email. If you do not receive a receipt via email, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure you receive communications.
Due to changes in the State requirements for licensed camps, Camp Zoofari will no longer be a licensed camp through the Department of State Health Services. Camp Zoofari is also not a licensed Child Care Facility, but instead will move forward operating under a Single Skill Exemption from the Department of Health and Human Services. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us at 713-533-6739.
Highlights from Camp Zoofari
“This is one of the absolute best camps in the city. I feel that the kids learn so much and are very well cared for. I truly have zero complaints! I loved the addition of pictures this year so we could see some of what our kids did. I also loved the suggested questions each day that we could ask them.”
“It was a fantastic experience. Staff was so great and enthusiastic!”
“I think both of our kids were completely engaged and learned so much – some of the things they told us would just blow us away.”
“Your wonderful staff! She is greeted by name enthusiastically coming and going. Her counselors have taken the time to get to know her and have personalized interactions with her daily. She feels valued, listened to, and cared for at Zoofari.”
“All the camp leaders are very friendly and activities well organized. This was our first year but my son said this was his favorite camp by far.”
“LOVE the before/aftercare!!!! Huge thanks for adding that.”
Campers Made a Difference
Every camper had the opportunity to partner with Houston Zoo in saving wildlife.
- 73% of the campers pledged to use a reusable water bottle during camp and the rest of the summer to help Take Action to save sea turtles.
- 4392 single-use plastic bottles were avoided by campers bringing and refilling bottles in the Brown Conservation Education Center refill stations.
- Ten campers donated cell phones or their own money to the Zoo to help protect gorilla habitat.
- Campers recycled their lunch trash! 17% of camper’s total waste at lunch was recycling.