Choose Your Adventure!
- Zoo Overnights are for ages 6 and up
- Program costs: $55 per person for family or private overnights; $60 per person for scout badge nights
- Overnights begin promptly at 7 p.m. and conclude the following morning at 9 a.m.
- Children under 18 must attend with an adult; we require one adult for every five kids age 6 – 17.
- Registration closes one week before the scheduled program date. In order to confirm staffing and supplies, no additions will be allowed after registration has closed.
- Program Scheduling & Refunds: Guests who provide a written notice of cancellation to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 3 weeks (21 days) prior to the program date will receive a full refund, excluding the cost of a group nonrefundable deposit. No refund will be issued after this date. Rescheduling is subject to availability at a $25 change fee.
- A minimum of 20 participants must be in attendance to conduct overnights and night prowls; we do occasionally have to cancel due to low registration, and will notify you on the Tuesday prior to the event.
Zoo Overnights provide the opportunity for you to get up close and interact with our ambassador animals. Connect with a variety of animals, including small mammals, reptiles and birds. Learn what they eat and how they are cared for as a member of the Houston Zoo family. Meet our amazing ambassadors and find out how you and your group can take action to save animals in the wild on your next evening or overnight experience!
We’ll surprise you with a selection of delightful critters; it is not possible to reserve specific animals when you register for one of our programs.
What To Bring
- comfortable walking shoes
- reusable water bottle
- weather appropriate outerwear – ponchos/jackets
- bug spray/insect repellent
- sleeping bag, pillow, sleeping pad or cot
- pajamas, personal care items
- change of clothes (showers not available)
*Note: The Brown Education Center has the potential to be cooler in the evening hours, so many guests bring an additional blanket or sweater for sleeping. Please plan accordingly for your group and to meet individual needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
By Participating in a Houston Zoo Overnight, you help save animals in the wild!
Need more information? Don’t see a program that fits your needs? Contact us at email@example.com and we can answer your questions.