Family Overnights are back with brand new adventures!
- Zoo Overnights are for participants ages 6 and up
- Overnights begin promptly at 7 p.m. and conclude the following morning at 9 a.m.
- Pricing is per person and children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult; we require one adult for every five kids age 6 – 17. Children under the age of 6 are not permitted.
- Registration closes one week before the scheduled program date. No additions will be permitted after registration has closed.
- Program Scheduling & Refunds: Guests who provide a written notice of cancellation to email@example.com on or before 3 weeks (21 days) prior to the program date will receive a full refund, excluding the cost of a group nonrefundable deposit. No refund will be issued after this date. Rescheduling is subject to availability at a $25 change fee.
- A minimum of 20 participants must be in attendance to conduct overnights; we do occasionally have to cancel due to low registration, and will notify you on the Tuesday prior to the event.
Overnight experiences are front-of-scenes for the safety of our animals and guests. If you are interested in a behind-the-scenes experience for your child, please check out our Animal Encounters page!
Halloween Night Prowl
Saturday, October 27, 2018
Experience the Zoo under the cover of darkness during this special overnight adventure! We’ll explore the nighttime habits of our nocturnal creatures and partake in family-friendly activities to learn about the Zoo’s most impressive animals and colorful creepy crawlies.
Your Overnight adventure includes: themed activities, educational encounter with program animals, evening snack, night hike and morning stroll, and a light breakfast. We will be camping indoors in our Brown Education Center!
Feel free to stick around for Zoo Boo festivities on Sunday with complementary Zoo admission!
Zoo Overnights provide the opportunity for you to get up close and interact with our ambassador animals. Connect with a variety of animals, including small mammals, reptiles and birds. Learn what they eat and how they are cared for as a member of the Houston Zoo family. Meet our amazing ambassadors and find out how you and your group can take action to save animals in the wild on your next evening or overnight experience!
We’ll surprise you with a selection of delightful critters; it is not possible to reserve specific animals when you register for one of our programs.
What To Bring
- comfortable walking shoes
- reusable water bottle
- weather appropriate outerwear – ponchos/jackets
- bug spray/insect repellent
- sleeping bag, pillow, sleeping pad or cot
- pajamas, personal care items
- change of clothes (showers not available)
*Note: The Brown Education Center has the potential to be cooler in the evening hours, so many guests bring an additional blanket or sweater when sleeping indoors. Please plan accordingly for your group and to meet individual needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Additional Items for Purchase
$20 for each Houston Zoo Overnight t-shirt (for all ages).
$5 for each Houston Zoo fun patch.
A link to order t-shirts and patches will be included in your program reminder which will be sent out via the email on file for your registration. They cannot be added the day of your program.
By Participating in a Houston Zoo Overnight, you help save animals in the wild!
Need more information? Don’t see a program that fits your needs? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can answer your questions.