Zoo Overnights: Wild Winks
Experience the Zoo in a new way with Wild Winks! Join us for a unique evening or overnight experience
and choose from several options perfect for scouts, private groups, or the whole family!
Parents Night Out
Drop your child off for an unforgettable evening at the Zoo! Participants will explore the Zoo after dark with our overnight guides and enjoy evening activities, including a meet and greet with one of our furry, feathered, or scaly ambassadors for an up-close animal experience! This program is for kids only, dinner and snack are served.
Kids age 6 and up
6 – 10 p.m.
$25 per child
Upcoming Parents Nights Out:
- Saturday, July 1
- Saturday, August 26
Bring the whole family for this overnight adventure! Experience the Zoo after dark on a guided tour with our experienced staff. Peek at nocturnal animals on the prowl, and learn how the Zoo cares for its amazing animals! Enjoy the comfort of our air-conditioned Education building, as you participate in fun evening activities and meet one of our fantastic ambassador animals. Wake up to the many unique sounds of the Zoo and we’ll guide you on a final morning tour before the Zoo opens for the day. A pizza dinner, evening snack, and continental breakfast are included in your reservation.
Parents and kids age 6 and up
6 p.m. – 9 a.m.
$55 per person
Upcoming Family Overnights:
- Friday, July 14
Special Edition Family Nights:
- Bunk with the Beasts! Friday, July 28th -Come explore the Zoo as we learn about animal inspired myths and debunk some wild misconceptions about furred, feathered, and scaly creatures!
- Nature Engineers! Saturday, August 19th -Participate in family-friendly building challenges inspired by the new Nature Connects special exhibit and LEGO Bricks as we learn how animals shape and influence their environment!
Reserve Your Own Private Overnight
Your school, club, community or social group can request a private overnight experience! Private overnights are for groups of fifteen to sixty participants ages six and up. Your special evening will include an evening tour of the Zoo led by our knowledgeable guides, the opportunity to come eye to eye with one of our remarkable ambassador animals, and engaging activities intended to inspire guests and to connect with nature. Dinner, a light snack, and continental breakfast are included. Guests will sleep in the comfort of our climate controlled Education building.
Register and complete payment 3 weeks (21 days) before your private overnight. Dates are based on availability and are sold on a first-come, first-serve basis. Group rates are not available. Payment of 15 or more spaces is required for overnights Sunday – Thursday nights; Friday or Saturday nights require reservation and payment of all 60 spaces.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
Overnight programs offer cub scouts and girl scouts the opportunity to complete badge requirements while enjoying a fun and educational experience at the Zoo! Get the details on our Scouts page:
Wild Winks provides an opportunity for you to get up close and interact with our ambassador animals. Connect with a variety of animals, including small mammals, reptiles and birds. Learn what they eat and how they are cared for as a member of the Houston Zoo family. Meet our amazing ambassadors and find out how you and your group can take action to save animals in the wild on your next Evening or Overnight experience!
We’ll surprise you with a selection of delightful critters; it is not possible to reserve specific animals when you register for one of our programs.
- Evenings and Overnights are for ages 6 and up
- Children under 18 must attend with an adult; we require one adult for every five kids age 6 – 17.
- Registration closes at 11:59 p.m. Sunday night before the scheduled program.
- A minimum of 15 participants must be in attendance to conduct overnights; we do occasionally have to cancel due to low registration, and will notify you on the Tuesday prior to the event.
Frequently Asked Questions
What To Bring
- sleeping bag, pillow, sleeping pad or cot
- pajamas, personal care items
- comfortable walking shoes
- weather appropriate outerwear – ponchos/jackets
- change of clothes (showers not available)
What We Provide
- pizza dinner and evening snack
- continental breakfast with coffee
(Dietary restrictions? If you have questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- air-conditioned sleeping space
- an unforgettable Zoo experience!