The Asante Society at the Houston Zoo is a group of philanthropic individuals who help ensure the vitality and excellence of the Zoo while learning more about wildlife and wild places. Annual membership donations of $1,200 or more directly support the Zoo’s core programs: animal care, education, and conservation.
Asante members experience the Zoo in unique ways, with opportunities to go behind the scenes to meet our animals and their keepers, learn more about important conservation topics championed by the Zoo, and have fun at several exclusive Zoo events.
All members of the Asante Society will receive these basic benefits:
- Unlimited complimentary admission for you and your accompanying guests for one year (up to seven individuals – for larger parties call ahead)
- Free or discounted admission to more than 150 Zoos across the nation
- Priority registration for Camp Zoofari (for children or grandchildren of the household)
- Discounts on family programs and education classes for children including Wild Wheels
- Two season tickets to the Call of the Wild conservation lecture series, featuring internationally renowned speakers
- Discounted general admission to the Zoo’s annual Feast with the Beasts event
- Kid Keeper privilege – enables you to send your children to the Zoo with an adult caregiver
- 20% discount in the Houston Zoo Gift Shops
- Six guest passes to Zoobilee, the Zoo’s annual member appreciation event
- Subscription to Wildlife Magazine for one year
- Recognition in the Zoo’s annual report
- Asante Society E-news updates
- 10% discount on facility rentals for private events (does not include Zoo-wide events or food and beverage)
- Eligibility for the Zoo’s international travel program with special zoo fare
- Access to the Zoo’s Donor Hotline
Save the date for our Upcoming Events:
April 29th, 2015- Asante Dinner. More details to come!
May 16th, 2015- Exclusive Gorilla Preview Breakfast before the exhibit opens to the public. More details to come!
Asante Society Members Are Essential to the Future of the Zoo
Your contribution plays an important role in:
- Animal Care – The Zoo has more than 6,000 animal residents representing 800 different species for which we provide naturalistic enclosures, nutritious meals, and exceptional medical care. Zoo keepers work hard to enrich the lives of the animals in their care through added activities and items to help our collection remain happy and healthy through increased naturalistic behaviors.
- Conservation Initiatives – Our goal is to be a leader as the Houston Zoo works for the survival of threatened wildlife, wise use of natural resources, and the appreciation of our natural world. Our regional and international conservation programs build partnerships to conserve wildlife and wild places through science-based and community-driven solutions, with local stakeholder inclusion and education embedded in each project.
- Education Programming – The Zoo excels at creating connections between guests and nature, encouraging care for the natural world through formal and informal programs. The Houston Zoo serves as an important resource for and adjunct to classroom learning and presents information in an entertaining and engaging format.
- Community Access and Outreach – The Houston Zoo remains committed to sharing our animals and programs with the breadth of our community’s diverse audience. To ensure that cost is not a limiting factor, we remain a Zoo for all through free days and other access programs, welcoming over 475,000 guests at no charge in 2013 alone.
If you have any questions about the Asante Society or other ways to support the Houston Zoo, call the Donor Hotline at (713) 533-6840 or e-mail us at email@example.com.