- Outdoors Labor Projects – Raking leaves, moving substrate (soil, sand, rocks, gravel), weeding, planting shrubs, etc. Most projects are outdoors and are only available on Sunday through Thursday mornings, based on project need.
- Outdoors Special Events – Helping with event setup, greeting guests, facilitating craft and activity tables, cleanup etc.; activities will involve interacting with our Zoo guests so be ready to engage in conversation! Projects will typically run on Fridays-Sundays during Zoo hours (example: Zoo Boo).
- No matter the project, your group may be split into smaller teams to accomplish tasks.
- Most projects involve physical labor
Group volunteers are typically scheduled for projects lasting up to three hours. Zoo projects can accommodate a group size of 10-25, depending on the area. Please note that project availability is limited and must be pre-scheduled; requests should be received at least 30 days in advance. The exact project will vary due to the time of year and needs of the Zoo.
All group volunteers granted a project will be scanned through Raptor background check screening.
Come make a difference while learning about conservation and having fun! Volunteers must bring their own reusable water bottle to help save wildlife.
We currently do not have available projects – please check here for future updates! When projects are available, an application will be posted.
Reusable water bottles save you and save wildlife
Using a reusable water bottle means you stay hydrated and you save animals like sea turtles from plastic pollution caused by single-use plastic bottles.
Bring your reusable bottle and fill it up for free throughout your visit.
Since 2018, our group volunteers have helped keep 328 water bottles out of landfills!
Zoo Boo volunteer groups
For those interested in helping with our fall festival Zoo Boo, we typically book groups of 5-25 for the last three weekends of October. We have made some changes to our event, including the shift times for volunteers:
- Friday (18th, & 25th): 7:45 am – 1:30 pm
- 5 spots remaining for Saturday, October 12th: 7:45 am – 3:30 pm (lunch at 12pm)*
- Saturday & Sunday (13th, 20th, 26th, & 27th): 7:45 am – 3:30 pm (lunch at 12pm)*
- Member’s Morning Saturday (19th): 6:45 am – 3:30 pm (lunch at 12pm)*
*Please note that groups are responsible for providing their own lunches.
We are taking applications for our 2019 Zoo Boo Event!
Questions about our volunteer programs?
Contact us at email@example.com
Interested in volunteering as an individual? Learn more about our year-round adult volunteer program!