Costumes are strongly encouraged, and guests will have plenty to experience, including:
- Visit our Giant Pumpkin presented by LyondellBasell, Spooky Train sponsored by Texas Children’s Hospital, and the Carved Pumpkins sponsored by Frost Bank
- Experience our new Lantern Tunnel between the lions and tiger exhibits
- Our Wildlife Carousel transforms into a spooktacular Scary-Go-Round
- More than 10 different Instagrammable photo options throughout the Zoo, including a new Harvest Barn photo op across from our vultures
- Tag us in your Zoo Boo photos using #HoustonZoo to be entered into our digital costume contest
- Special Animal Enrichment happening during daily Keeper Talks presented by Phillips 66 and on weekends
Zoo Boo Dates: October 1-31
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., last entry at 4:00 p.m.
NEW Zoo Boo After Hours
Friday, October 29, open until 8:30 p.m., last entry at 7:00 p.m.
Kick off your Halloween weekend at the Zoo! On Friday, Oct. 29, we are extending our hours until 8:30 p.m. to give guests the opportunity to experience Zoo Boo in a whole new light! As the sun goes down, Zoo Boo begins to glow. This event is included with general admission and is FREE for members.
Member Add-on Tickets: Members receive discounted admission for extra guests not covered by their membership. Prices for these discounted tickets will adjust along with Flex Pricing when Members log in to the Member Portal.
Zoo Boo Guidelines
Zoo Boo is a family-friendly event, and all costumes must be appropriate for ghouls of all ages. Adults are welcome to come in costume, but must be family-friendly and we must be able to see your eyes. The Houston Zoo reserves the right to deny entry in the event of an inappropriate costume.
Restricted items include but are not limited to:
- Toy weapons of any kind (swords, knives, galactic blasters, etc.)
- Fireworks of any kind
- Excessively gory or non-family friendly props or items
- Inflatable objects and costumes
The Houston Zoo cannot hold any items for guests at the Guest Relations Office. Please leave all unsecured or restricted items in your personal vehicle or at home.