Costumes are strongly encouraged, and guests will have plenty to experience, including:
- Visit our Spooky Train Village sponsored by Frost Bank
- See our Friendly Dragon
- Our Wildlife Carousel transforms into a spooktacular Scary-Go-Round
- More than 10 different Instagrammable photo options throughout the Zoo
- Tag us in your Zoo Boo photos using #HoustonZoo to be entered into a weekly digital costume contest.
- Special Animal Enrichment happening on weekends
Zoo Boo Dates:
October 2 – November 1
Available all week-long during regular business hours.
Note: Due to COVID-19 safety precautions, Zoo Boo will not include a pumpkin patch or candy giveaways this year. For the safety of our staff, guests and animals, visitors 10 years and older are required to wear facial coverings that cover their nose and mouth.
Zoo Boo Guidelines
Zoo Boo is a family-friendly event, and all costumes must be appropriate for ghouls of all ages. Adults are welcome to come in costume, but must be family-friendly and we must be able to see your eyes. The Houston Zoo reserves the right to deny entry in the event of an inappropriate costume.
Restricted items include but are not limited to:
- Toy weapons of any kind (swords, knives, galactic blasters, etc.)
- Fireworks of any kind
- Excessively gory or non-family friendly props or items
- Inflatable objects and costumes
The Houston Zoo cannot hold any items for guests at the Guest Relations Office. Please leave all unsecured or restricted items in your personal vehicle or at home.