Celebrate Lunar New Year with us at the Houston Zoo! Often called the Spring Festival or Chinese New Year, Lunar New Year is the most important holiday in China and Chinese communities around the world. The holiday is also celebrated in South Korea, Tibet, Vietnam, Singapore, Indonesia, and Malaysia.
Event activities include Meet the Keeper Talks presented by Phillips 66, a red envelope branch tree display, ambassador animal meet and greets, and dragon dancer performances.
Dragon Dance Performances by Khai Tri Academy
9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
McGovern Front Plaza
Rain Plan Location: H-E-B Lone Star Pavilion
This event is included with general admission and free for members.
Not a member? Join today to visit the Zoo any time and enjoy other exclusive benefits.
Meet the Keeper Talks Schedule
- 10:00 a.m. – Snake or Komodo Dragon at Reptile & Amphibian House
- 11:30 a.m. – Malayan Tiger
- 12:00 p.m. – Howler Monkeys in South America’s Pantanal
- 12:30 pm – Kunekune pigs in the Children’s Zoo
- 1:00 p.m. – Ambassador Rabbit in the Children’s Zoo
- 1:30 p.m. – Goat Yard in the Children’s Zoo
- 2:00 p.m. – Mole rats in Natural Encounters