Celebrating 100 Years
Over the next year, as the Houston Zoo celebrates its 100-year anniversary, we’ll be hosting Centennial Saturdays where you can dive into the weekend with a Zoo visit and experience a variety of fun during the first Saturday of every month. These “mini celebrations” are for our members and guests to enjoy celebrating the Zoo’s birthday all year long.
Centennial Saturdays are included with general admission and FREE for members.
- Ambassador animal meet and greets from 9:00-9:30 a.m.
- Special Centennial-themed Keeper Talks presented by Phillips 66 with our goats, Asian elephants, chimpanzees, Pantanal aquarium, and black bear
- Live ice carving at the BBVA Interactive Area (near the giraffe habitat)
- Zoo history trivia near African lions and Malayan tiger
- Jelly vs. Junk guest activity at Sea Lions habitat
- Kid-friendly DJ across from the Kathrine G. McGovern Texas Wetlands overlook
- And so much more!