Everything gets cooler when the sun goes down! Join our staff for our second love struck night exploring animal behavior at the Zoo. We’ll be covering the same content as our Valentine’s Night so those who couldn’t attend don’t miss out! Please note this program contains mature content and is designed for adult audiences, ages 18 and up.
Join our staff for a fun and frank evening discussing the wilder side of the “birds and the bees” and learning about animal behavior at the Zoo. From courtship to parental care there’s a whole lot of love in the air! We’ll share some of our favorite stories and explore how we can help save our favorite animals in the wild. Please note this program contains mature content and is designed for adult audiences, ages 18 and up.
- Next-day admission to the Zoo, immediately after your program
- Dinner, a late-night snack, and a light breakfast (with lots of coffee!) the next morning
- A variety of educational activities, intimate animal encounters, and staff guided front-of-scenes Zoo tours. We’re capping this program at a maximum of only sixty people, to give everyone a personalized, special experience.
- Exclusive time in the Zoo after-hours
- Don’t worry! We’ll be sleeping indoors in our Brown Education Center to beat the summer heat.
- A meet and greet with a zookeeper
- Commemorative glow-in-the-dark overnight t-shirt
The overnight starts at 6 p.m. and ends at 10 a.m. the following morning. We need a minimum number of people for the overnight to take place.
Please Note: Guests will be sleeping in the Brown Education Center for this event. Adults will be utilizing shared space in our classrooms or main hall –we do not have the capacity to provide private sleeping areas for each individual/group.
Registration is $110 per person.
The arrival period for this program is 6:00-7:15 p.m. All participants will enter the Zoo through the Employee Entrance at Gate 1, which is located across from Memorial Hermann Emergency. The gate will open at 6:00 p.m. and participants will be greeted by our Overnight staff.
Once checked in, you will have time to drop off your sleeping materials and eat dinner in the Brown Education Center. Late arrivals are not permitted after 7:15 p.m. No exceptions or refunds will be made. Please plan ample travel time in case of unforeseen traffic or road closures.
Camping materials (such as tents) are not needed for this event. Participants will be sleeping indoors in a climate controlled space. Individuals are responsible for bringing their own supplies. Suggested items to bring are listed below:
- comfortable walking shoes
- reusable water bottle and travel mug
- Help us save sea turtles by reducing our need for single use items!
- weather appropriate outerwear – ponchos/jackets
- bug spray/insect repellent
- sleeping bag, pillow, sleeping pad or cot
- pajamas, personal care items
- change of clothes (showers not available)
Overnights occur rain or shine! In the event of extreme weather, notifications will be sent out by 2:00 p.m. on the day of the event. Should the event be cancelled, every effort will be made to reschedule, or a full refund will be provided. Should the weather become inclement during an event, activities will be modified and held within the Education Center until the weather passes.
Smoking and Alcohol
This is a smoke-free and alcohol-free program open to adults ages 18 and up.
Please note that smoking (including e-cigarettes) is prohibited on the entirety of the Houston Zoo grounds, including the parking lots.
Any guest found violating this policy during this event will be asked to leave without refund or readmission.
Accommodations or Special Requests
We want you to have a great experience! Please advise us of any disabilities, special needs, medical conditions or any other concerns you may have that could prevent you from fully participating in the experience. The more information you can provide, the better we can assist you. Please contact us before registration at email@example.com.