Party for the Planet
Presented by CenterPoint Energy
Saturday and Sunday, April 22-23, 2017
9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Join us for a Party for the Planet presented by CenterPoint Energy, and learn how protecting our environment saves wildlife!
All event activities are included with your paid Zoo admission. This event is free for Zoo Members.
We will have plenty of activities, crafts, music and more to make this Earth Day memorable. Be sure to get your Party for the Planet event program as you enter the Zoo. Activities include:
- Mother Earth Maze – Choose the earth-friendly options that save species in the wild as you make your way through the maze.
- Scavenger Hunt – Explore the Zoo looking for ways the Zoo (and you!) help save animals in the wild.
- DJ – What’s a party without music? Dance, sing and hula-hoop to the music at the Reflection Pool.
- Reusable Mural – Channel your inner artist on our five-foot-tall coloring mural, a fun reusable art project.
- Meet the Keeper Talks Presented by Phillips 66 – Hear special Meet the Keeper Talks throughout the day and find out how we help animals at the zoo and in the wild! Check the Plan Your Day Kiosks or the Daily Schedule on our website on the day of the event for the schedule.
- Ladybug Release – 10 a.m. – Meet with a Zoo horticulturist and learn how you can protect pollinators.
- KIPP Academy Middle School “Trashion” Show – Enjoy this fashion show featuring outfits made using recycled materials – all created by the middle school students. SATURDAY ONLY.
- Lyons Elementary Performance – Lyons Elementary will present their version of The Lion King. SATURDAY ONLY.
Earth Day in the Naturally Wild Swap Shop
The Naturally Wild Swap Shop will also be part of the celebration! Visit the Swap Shop on April 22 & 23 and give the special code to a staff member for a chance to pick a prize from the mystery bin. The secret code is: PLANET.
Houston Zoo Conservation
The Houston Zoo supports conservation projects here in Texas and around the globe. Every time you visit, a portion of your ticket purchase goes towards helping to save animals in the wild!
What can you do to Take Action to save wildlife?
Find out more about the many species of wild animals we help to protect, in Texas and around the world:
What are a few things you can do to help our planet?
- Take a reusable bag with you when you go shopping
- Choose ocean-friendly seafood at the grocery store or in a restaurant
- Recycle your old cell phones and handheld electronic devices on your next trip to the Houston Zoo
- Use reusable towels instead of paper towels
- Fix leaky faucets
- Turn off lights when you leave a room
- Turn off the faucet when you brush your teeth
- Start composting
- Use a rain barrel to store rainwater to water your plants
Thank You to Our Generous Sponsors