This reptile resides in estuaries, rivers and mangrove swamps in its native habitat. Here at the Zoo, look for it in the water or on the shore in the Orangutan habitat.
- Scientific Name: Batagur Borneoensis
- Range: Parts of southeast Asia, including Malaysia, Sumatra and Borneo
- Status in the Wild: Critically Endangered
- Location in the Zoo: The Orangutan habitat in the Wortham World of Primates
- Cool Animal Fact: During the mating season, the male’s head becomes white, and a red stripe develops between the eyes.