Spring Break at the Houston Zoo
New Weekday Parking Option for 2015
We are excited to announce a new option for weekday parking during the busy days of Spring Break. The zoo has partnered with the Texas Medical Center to provide 3,000 additional spaces for guests along with a free weekday shuttle to the west (Medical Center) entrance of the zoo.
The lot is located at 1522 S. Braeswood Blvd.
Parking at the lot is $6 per car
The weekday shuttle is free and will run continuously throughout the day, Monday – Friday, March 9 – 13 and 16 – 20.
This is an exciting opportunity for zoo guests to come to the Houston Zoo during Spring Break without the hassle of finding a parking space. We hope this makes the opportunity to enjoy the zoo with your friends and family more enjoyable and a whole lot easier.
New Spring Break Weekday Parking at 1522 S. Braeswood Blvd:
Spring Break 2015
Saturday, March 7 – Sunday March 22
Houston Zoo guests and visitors to other attractions in Hermann Park can expect heavy traffic in and around the park during Spring Break. Parking is limited in Hermann Park and motor vehicle access to the Park will be restricted during Spring Break.
Live Traffic Updates
- Houston Transtar Traffic Map Provided by the Greater Houston Transportation and Emergency Management Center
- Traffic in the Houston Zoo area on Google Maps
- Traffic in the Houston Zoo area on Mapquest
Other Options for Parking
Provided by the City of Houston
Alternate parking includes garages in the Texas Medical Center and along the METRORail route in the Midtown area north of Hermann Park.
Driving Directions to Other Parking Options
Save Time: Buy Tickets Online
During Spring Break, regular Zoo admission rates apply. Purchase your tickets now (they’re good for 90 days) and skip the ticket lines.
Or become a member and get in free all year long! Did you know membership pays for itself in as few as two zoo visits?
METRO and METRORail
- Save $2 off an adult Zoo admission and $1 off a child’s admission when you present your METRO Q Card or any METRO bus or METRORail ticket at the Zoo admission booth (one offer per person).
- Catch METRORail at the Fannin South Park & Ride lot (1604 West Bellfort between Knight and Fannin), or park in a Downtown parking lot, and head to the METRORail station.
- There are two METRORail stations that serve the Houston Zoo – Hermann Park/Rice U Station (at Fannin and Sunset) and the Memorial Hermann Hospital/Houston Zoo Station (on Fannin between Cambridge and Ross Sterling) From there it’s a short walk to the Zoo’s Medical Center Gate entrance on Cambridge Street.
Visit the METRORail website for a map, schedule and more information.