Spring Break 2015 at the Houston Zoo
Spring Break 2015: Saturday, March 7 – Sunday March 22
Save Time: Buy Tickets Online
During Spring Break, regular Zoo admission rates apply. Purchase your tickets now (they’re good for 90 days) and skip the ticket lines.
Or become a member and get in free all year long! Did you know membership pays for itself in as few as two zoo visits?
Houston Zoo guests and visitors to other attractions in Hermann Park can expect heavy traffic in and around the park during Spring Break. Parking is limited in Hermann Park and motor vehicle access to the Park will be restricted during Spring Break.
Alternate parking includes garages in the Texas Medical Center and along the METRORail route in the Midtown area north of Hermann Park.
Driving Directions to Houston Zoo Alternate Parking During Spring Break
Where to Park
Parking Information From the City of Houston: click to expand the parking map.
Live Traffic Updates
Note: None of the sites below are operated or maintained by the Houston Zoo.
- Houston Transtar Traffic Map Provided by the Greater Houston Transportation and Emergency Management Center
- Traffic in the Houston Zoo area on Google Maps
- Traffic in the Houston Zoo area on Mapquest
METRO and METRORail
- Save $2 off an adult Zoo admission and $1 off a child’s admission when you present your METRO Q Card or any METRO bus or METRORail ticket at the Zoo admission booth (one offer per person).
- Catch METRORail at the Fannin South Park & Ride lot (1604 West Bellfort between Knight and Fannin), or park in a Downtown parking lot, and head to the METRORail station.
- There are two METRORail stations that serve the Houston Zoo – Hermann Park/Rice U Station (at Fannin and Sunset) and the Memorial Hermann Hospital/Houston Zoo Station (on Fannin between Cambridge and Ross Sterling) From there it’s a short walk to the Zoo’s Medical Center Gate entrance on Cambridge Street.
Visit the METRORail website for a map, schedule and more information.