Choose a Membership
Click to choose a level and click GO to begin the purchase process. Benefits for all the levels are described below.
Membership Levels and Benefits
and one guest!
- FREE Zoo admission for one full year – and bring one guest with you for free!
- Exclusive use of the Members Only Express Entrance
- An invitation to Zoobilee, the Houston Zoo’s annual member appreciation celebration
- Discounts on special events, speaker events, tours, and adult classes
- $50 discount off Houston Zoo birthday parties
- Weekly e-newsletter with the latest Zoo news
- FREE subscription to WildLife, The Houston Zoo’s member magazine
- 10% off purchases in the Houston Zoo Gift Shop
- Discount on Wildlife Carousel Rides, 4-D Experience, and Zoo Lights
- Free or discounted admission at over 150 other zoos nationwide. See the list of participating zoos.
- Monthly Member Morning exclusive events
- Members receive discounts on admission tickets for friends and family – $2 off adult tickets and $1 off child tickets. (tickets must be purchased by the card holding member)
* For memberships purchased online or by mail, the guest passes will arrive with your membership cards by mail. Guest passes cannot be redeemed until received with membership cards. All guest passes must be presented at any Houston Zoo membership or ticket window for redemption.
Gift memberships are for someone in another household. To purchase a gift membership, choose a level above, and you will be prompted during the checkout process to indicate whether it is a gift.
Download a printable gift certificate to give before gift membership cards arrive!
Question about gift memberships? E-mail our Membership Staff.
Exclusive Member Events
Already a Member?
Log in to make purchases as a member, or click to renew or upgrade your membership.
Visit the Frequently Asked Questions page for all the answers:
Walk-Up Membership Window
Hours: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily, with extended summer hours
Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday-Friday, excluding holidays
By Phone: 713-533-6535
Will Your Employer Match Your Membership?
Did you know you may be able to double or even triple your membership contribution at no cost to you? Many employers will match your current membership contribution. The matching gift does not change your membership level, but the additional gift is a huge help to the Zoo.
Contact your Human Resources Department to find out if your employer has a matching gifts program.
Employers typically have webpages where you can enter your new membership information. Feel great knowing you helped your Zoo even more!
Your Membership is Tax Deductible
If you have the Individual, Family, Family Plus, Grandparent or Supporting level membership, the entire amount you paid is tax deductible.
If you have the Sustaining level membership, the fair market value of your benefits is $53, leaving a total of $197 that is tax deductible.
If you have a Conservator level membership, the fair market value of your benefits is $153, leaving a total of $347 that is tax deductible.
Donation Requests from Charitable Organizations
The Houston Zoo is pleased to consider requests for Houston Zoo memberships in support of fundraising events for licensed nonprofit organizations in the Greater Houston Area.