Houston Zoo Newsroom
Zoo Media PolicyOur public relations staff is eager to help you! We welcome the opportunity to assist credentialed electronic and print journalists with feature stories and editorial coverage of the Houston Zoo. A few things to keep in mind:
- We promise to help make your story a great one; however, the staff of the Houston Zoo, including keepers, curators and veterinarians, as well as the Public Relations office, may occasionally set guidelines and limitations to ensure the safety of our animals and Zoo guests.
- All interviews with Zoo employees will be arranged through the Public Relations office; after all, we are here to make your job fun and easy.
- As much as we’d like to go above and beyond where a great story is concerned, quarantine areas are off limits to media personnel. But hey, there’s a whole zoo to explore!
- Reporters and photographers are allowed in visitor-approved areas and public pathways; but if you’re accompanied by someone in our Public Relations office, then we may let you explore just a bit more.
- The Houston Zoo staff would like your visit to be a memorable one; therefore, special permission is required to enter Zoo exhibits and off-exhibit areas. Our team of Public Relations experts will be sure to get you where you need!
- Need a vehicle on Zoo grounds to make your story complete? No worries! Our media team is happy to help.
Media Admissions PolicyThe Houston Zoo’s news media admission policy enables working media to become familiar with the Zoo’s various feature opportunities. We will consider requests as a professional courtesy on a case-by-case basis based upon the relevancy of each applicant’s news outlet and market. This courtesy is extended to active members of the news media only (reporters, producers, editors), not retired personnel. Please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that 72 business hours advance notice is required.
Questions? Contact Us:PR Director Jackie Wallace
The Houston Zoo media team looks forward to hearing from you!