Plan your child’s birthday party at the Houston Zoo! Our Birthday Party Package is for children 12 years of age and younger. Read on for a host of fun, creative, unique ideas that will set your kid’s party apart from the herd.
Pavilions, Prices, Party Times
Zoo Members – $350
Non-Members – $415
Red Pavilion and Yellow Pavilion
Enclosed with Heating/Air-Conditioning
Zoo Members – $400
Non-Members – $465
Party Pavilion Time Slots (upon availability):
9:30 – 11:30 a.m. 12:30 – 2:30 p.m. 3:30 – 5:30 p.m.
View availability and book a party:
Our Birthday Party Package includes:
- Private rental of one of our 3 pavilions in the John P. McGovern Children’s Zoo for two hours
- 25 admission tickets (for children and/or adults) with access to the Zoo for the entire day of the party
- Two 6 foot tables for food and gifts
- Five 48 inch round tables for seating (seating 35 people)
- Re-useable plastic table covers that match the pavilion
- Post-event trash and clean-up service
- Opportunity to purchase additional items including food, entertainment, tickets, and seating
- The maximum capacity in each pavilion is 55 guests
Please note balloons and inflatables are not allowed on Zoo grounds. View our full Facility Agreement.
Frequently Asked Questions
Birthday Parties Sponsored By:
Birthday Party Enhancements:
If you want to “WOW” your guests you can add on any of the following options to your party (items can be added up to five days prior to your party, with some additions requiring two weeks notice to book):
Downloadable PDFs:Download The Birthday Party Map
Follow the arrows on this map to reach your birthday party pavilion. Birthday Party Facility Rental Policies – Details on rentals, tickets, parking, animal experiences and more. Please read this through before booking your party – thank you! Zoo Birthday Party FAQs – Common questions about birthday parties at the zoo, answered. Zoo Birthday Party Checklist – a handy reference to help your party planning.
Questions? Contact Us: (713) 533-6832
Tired of Gift Overload?
This year, consider asking your child’s friends to skip the birthday presents and donate to the Houston Zoo instead with a tribute gift! It’s a WILD way to celebrate your little one’s special day, while also helping to support the continued care and feeding of the Zoo’s 6,000 animal residents!
Learn More About Tribute Gifts
Looking for the Perfect Gift?
Show your support for the Zoo by Adopting an animal for the birthday child! With twenty animals from which to choose and three different Adopt levels, you are sure to find the Adoption that is right for them.