6:30 – 9:30 p.m.
Experience the Zoo unlike ever before! At Enchantment Under the Sea, you will indulge in a delectable 3-course ocean-friendly seafood dinner among an array of fish, corals, and sea jellies in the unique Carruth Natural Encounters building. Ocean-friendly seafood is any seafood that is fished or farmed in a way as to not harm other wildlife in the ocean.
This exclusive evening soiree at the Zoo will begin with a specialty cocktail served upon entry. Sip as you stroll through the beautiful Kipp Aquarium, where you will see some of your favorite marine animals, including a sea turtle, seahorses, and an array of colorful fish. Swoon over the sea lions and get close to a myriad of touchable animals as you enjoy light appetizers in the Main Plaza. Here you can meet our knowledgeable Zoo staff to learn how the Zoo works to protect marine animals, as well as what you, too, can do to help protect animals in the ocean. Just before dinner is served, our sea lions will demonstrate how they eat only ocean-friendly seafood (and thank you for doing so as well) in a special sea lion show at the sea lion pool.
By attending the Enchantment Under the Sea dinner, you are helping save wildlife – a portion of your event ticket will be donated to the conservation efforts of MarAlliance.
Bring a date, or bring a friend; this enchanting, aquatic dinner is one not to be missed!
Your ticket for this enchanting evening includes:
- Hors d’oeuvres and a 3-course meal (all of which are ocean-friendly)
- Specialty cocktail upon entrance
- Meet and greet with Zoo animal ambassadors
- Private access to the beautiful Kipp Aquarium
- Sea Lion Show
- Meet with Zoo staff and learn how the Zoo, and you, help save animals in the wild.
- Plus, enter to win exclusive Zoo prizes throughout the night!
Please note this event is for guests 21 years and older only.
Frequently Asked Questions
An Ocean-Friendly Seafood Dinner to Help Save Wildlife
You can help save animals like sea turtles, sharks, and rays by choosing ocean-friendly seafood, like what will be served at the Enchantment Under the Sea dinner.
Ocean-friendly, sustainable seafood is defined as seafood that is either wild-caught of farm-raised that not only sustains current populations, but thrives over the long term. Choosing ocean-friendly seafood is one of the best ways we can all contribute to our oceans’ health.
- All of the seafood served to Zoo animals and throughout the Zoo to guests is ocean-friendly.
- We work with restaurants participating in Feast with the Beasts to bring only ocean-friendly seafood.
- We partner with the Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch Program to promote sustainable seafood messaging.
- We also partner with marine wildlife conservation efforts, such as MarAlliance. Based in Central America, MarAlliance is a community-based conservation organization that works with communities to protect ocean wildlife such as sharks, rays, and sea turtles.
- Make smart choices about what you eat and where you buy it. Choose ocean-friendly seafood options when you are grocery shopping or eating at your favorite restaurant.
- Refer to the Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch consumer guide to learn which seafood options are best choices or good alternatives. Download the mobile app from the Apple Store or Google Play: