Party for the Planet
Sunday, April 19, 2015
9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Join us for a Party for the Planet and learn how protecting our environment saves wildlife!
All Party for the Planet activities are included with your paid Zoo admission. This event is free for Zoo Members.
We will have plenty of activities, crafts, music and more to make this Earth Day memorable. Activities include:
- Conservation Maze – Choose the earth-friendly option that saves species in the wild as you make your way through the maze.
- Race to Recycle – Beat the clock and place recyclable items in the correct containers.
- Scavenger Hunt – Learn fun facts about conservation as you make your way around the Zoo during our Party for the Planet Scavenger Hunt. Don’t forget to pick up your prize in the Front Plaza when you’ve completed your hunt! (prizes available while supplies last)
- DJ – dance your cares away at the Reflection Pool.
- Reusable Mural – color the day away on our five foot tall coloring mural, a fun reusable art project.
- Meet the Keeper Talks Presented by Phillips 66 – Hear special Party for the Planet Meet the Keeper Talks throughout the day and find out how we help animals at the zoo and in the wild! Check the Plan Your Day Kiosks or the Daily Schedule on our website on April 19 for the schedule.
Earth Day in the Naturally Wild Swap Shop
The Naturally Wild Swap Shop will be part of the celebration. Any nature journal on an Earth Day topic will receive double points on Saturday, April 19 only. Earth Day topics include the following:
- endangered or extinct plants or animals
- edible plants
- the rock cycle
- the water cycle
- habitat loss and how it affects animals
Not sure how the Swap Shop works? Learn more.
Houston Zoo Conservation
The Houston Zoo supports conservation projects here in Texas and around the globe. Every time you visit, a portion of your ticket purchase goes towards helping to save animals in the wild!
Find out more about the many animals we help to protect:
What are a few things you can do to help our planet?
- Use re-usable towels instead of paper towels
- Fix leaky faucets
- Turn off lights when you leave a room
- Turn off the faucet when you brush your teeth
- Start composting
- Use a rain barrel to store rainwater to water your plants