Party for the Planet
Presented by CenterPoint Energy
Saturday and Sunday, April 23-24, 2016
9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Join us for a Party for the Planet presented by CenterPoint Energy, and learn how protecting our environment saves wildlife!
All event activities are included with your paid Zoo admission. This event is free for Zoo Members.
We will have plenty of activities, crafts, music and more to make this Earth Day memorable. Activities include:
- NEW THIS YEAR! Zoo Tours – Join us on one of three walking tours through the Zoo that explain the importance of pollinators, healthy oceans, and recycling your handheld electronic devices! Check your program when you arrive for tour start locations!
- Mother Earth Maze – Choose the earth-friendly option that saves species in the wild as you make your way through the maze.
- Race to Recycle – Beat the clock and place recyclable items in the correct containers.
- DJ – dance your cares away at the Reflection Pool.
- Reusable Mural – color the day away on our five foot tall coloring mural, a fun reusable art project.
- Meet the Keeper Talks Presented by Phillips 66 – Hear special Meet the Keeper Talks throughout the day and find out how we help animals at the zoo and in the wild! Check the Plan Your Day Kiosks or the Daily Schedule on our website on the day of the event for the schedule.
Earth Day in the Naturally Wild Swap Shop
The Naturally Wild Swap Shop will be part of the celebration. Any nature journal on an Earth Day topic will receive double points on Saturday and Sunday, April 23-24 only. Earth Day topics include the following:
- endangered or extinct plants or animals
- edible plants
- the rock cycle
- the water cycle
- habitat loss and how it affects animals
Not sure how the Swap Shop works? Learn more.
Also, you can sign up in the Swap Shop to become a Pollinator Pal!
Houston Zoo Conservation
The Houston Zoo supports conservation projects here in Texas and around the globe. Every time you visit, a portion of your ticket purchase goes towards helping to save animals in the wild!
What can you do to Take Action to save wildlife?
Find out more about the many species of wild animals we help to protect, in Texas and around the world:
What are a few things you can do to help our planet?
- Take a reusable bag with you when you go shopping
- Choose ocean-friendly seafood at the grocery store or in a restaurant
- Recycle your old cell phones and handheld electronic devices on your next trip to the Houston Zoo
- Use re-usable towels instead of paper towels
- Fix leaky faucets
- Turn off lights when you leave a room
- Turn off the faucet when you brush your teeth
- Start composting
- Use a rain barrel to store rainwater to water your plants
Thank You to Our Generous Sponsors