Dia del Niño
9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Many nations throughout the world celebrate Día del Niño, or Children’s Day, to honor and celebrate children which represent the hopes and dreams of every community. Here at the Houston Zoo, we will be joining in the celebration on April 27 with games, activities and music just for kids!
- Live Zumba performances and instructions by Manolo Lopez and his Zumba crew!
- Games at the reflection pool, including Pin the Tail on the Donkey
- Dance to the music of our DJ!
- Learn the Spanish names of some Houston Zoo animals
- Special Meet the Keeper Talks highlighting Latin American animals at the Houston Zoo:
10:15 a.m. – Gila Monster (Reptile House)
10:30 a.m. – Anaconda (Reptile House)
11:00 a.m. – Tarantula (Children’s Zoo)
11:30 a.m. – Tamandua (Natural Encounters)
11:30 a.m. – Piranhas (Natural Encounters) – In Spanish
12:00 p.m. – Tamarins (Wortham World of Primates)
1:00 p.m. – Three-banded Armadillo (Natural Encounters)
1:30 p.m. – Llamas (Children’s Zoo)
3:00 p.m. – Howler Monkeys (Wortham World of Primates)
This event is included with your paid admission, and it is free for Houston Zoo Members!
Thank You To Our Event Sponsors