If you visit the Zoo’s website, http://www.houstonzoo.org, late next week, you’ll see a drastic change. We’re taking our website to a whole new level! Here are just a few of the changes you’ll notice:
- Different look and feel: We’re moving to a modern, visual style that will showcase our animals and allow you to see some of the outstanding photography we’ve taken here at the Zoo
- Mobile and tablet compatibility: No matter what device you use to look at our website, the site will change to give you the best view for your device (tablet, phone, or computer). You will see the layout shift and change so it is easy to read…and you can now navigate through the whole site, rather than just a few specially-built pages on your mobile phone.
- More animal information: We’ve added special “animal information cards” for many of our animals so you can learn more about them and see what they look like before you get to the Zoo
- Better organization: The main navigation bar that you see focuses on planning your trip, learning about our animal collection and exhibits, and showcases our education and conservation programs, as well as special experiences you can have at the Zoo. There is also a search function so you can find exactly what you are looking for immediately!
- Reworked events calendar: you will be able to find the events you’re looking for much more quickly and easily, as well as browse upcoming events faster and better.
- New @ The Zoo: one of the questions we get most often is, “What’s New?” In this new section of our site, you can see new Zoo babies, event announcements, conservation project updates, and so much more.
This site was designed by Seattle-based designer Kevyn Smith and developed by Simon Silverio, also based in Seattle. We are lucky to have these two creative, wonderful people help us make this site the best it can be!
We hope you enjoy the changes we’re making, and we encourage you to let us know your thoughts as you explore the new site. Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with your feedback once the new site is up and running!