Also called lemur leaf frogs, these frogs are tiny, only about 1 inch in length. These frogs are endangered due to habitat destruction and the deadly chytrid fungus.
- Scientific Name: Hylomantis lemur
- Range: Rainforests in Central America
- Status in the Wild: Endangered
- Location in the Zoo: Reptiles & Amphibians Building
- Cool Animal Fact: Their large bulging eyes with silvery irises are a striking feature. The eggs are usually deposited on leaf surfaces, and the larvae are washed off or fall into water below.