Living in dry forests and scrub habitat, this animal survives on a diet of leaves, fruit, and invertebrates. The population of these iguanas is declining, but not for the reasons you think!
- Scientific Name: Cyclura pinguis
- Range: Anegada Island near Puerto Rico
- Status in the Wild: Critically Endangered
- Location in the Zoo: Reptiles and Amphibians Building
- Cool Animal Fact: This Carribbean island iguana has survived hurricanes and other natural disasters, but it is now falling victim to feral dogs and cats.