The Houston Zoo Ambassadors is a growing group of young professionals and philanthropists who are actively seeking opportunities to connect and engage with the Zoo’s mission. Annual memberships are $500 and include exclusive invitations to the Ambassadors Gala, cocktail receptions and family events at the Zoo. We strive to bring our membership closer to the life of the Zoo through fun, educational experiences that inspire leadership and support.
Ambassadors Annual Membership: $firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ambassadors will receive the following membership benefits:
- Unlimited complimentary regular Zoo admission for one year with exclusive use of the Members’ Express entrance – for 2 named adults and up to 8 guests OR one named adult and up to 9 guests.
- Two complimentary tickets to the annual Ambassadors Gala
- Invitations for two to exclusive Ambassadors events throughout the year (4 events per year; household children invited to family events)
- Discounted admission to the Zoo’s annual Feast with the Beasts event (Presale begins in September of each year)
- Priority registration for Camp Zoofari (for children within the household)
- Kid Keeper privilege – enables you to send your children to the Zoo with an adult caregiver*
- 15% discount in the Houston Zoo Gift Shop
- Notification of Zoo news and events via regular Ambassadors E-News
- Free or discounted admission to more than 150 zoos across the nation
But wait! There’s more!
- Six additional guests (for a total of 16 possible attendees) to Zoobilee, the Zoo’s annual member appreciation event
- Subscription to Wildlife magazine for one year
- Access to the Monthly Member Morning presentations
- Discounts on education programs including Wild Wheels and Zoo Yoga
- Eligibility for the Zoo’s international travel program with special Zoo rates
Ambassadors Support the Zoo’s Core Programs
- Animal Care: Your membership in Ambassadors strengthens the Zoo’s ability to provide naturalistic habitats, nutritious meals, veterinary care, and enrichment activities for more than 6,000 animal residents.
- Conservation: Ambassadors members support the continued success of the Zoo’s critical conservation programs, both locally and internationally, to protect wildlife and vanishing wild places.
- Education: The Zoo strives to ignite in all people a passion for learning and conservation through on-site and school-based programming.
- Community Access: Contributions made through Ambassadors help the Zoo offer access to schoolchildren and families in the Houston region.
Join us for the 6th Annual Ambassadors Gala Presented by the Thompson & Knight Foundation
Saturday, February 21, 2015
7:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Join the Houston Zoo Ambassadors on Saturday, February 21, 2015 for the 6th Annual Ambassadors Gala presented by the Thompson & Knight Foundation! With over 300 guests expected, this year’s Gala will be another evening of fantastic food and drink from Houston’s finest eateries and amazing animal experiences at the Houston Zoo!
Guests will begin the evening with a cocktail hour at the Sea Lion Deck, complete with a special sea lion show and ambassador animals. The party will then shift under the oaks of our beautiful Reflection Pool for savory samples from several Houston-area restaurants, cocktails and dynamic animal presentations! Exciting auction items will be available for bids throughout the evening as well as a wine pull and Kendra Scott jewelry pull. All proceeds from the event benefit the Zoo’s animal care, education and wildlife conservation programs. Please note this event is age 21 and up only.
Houston Zoo Ambassadors receive complimentary tickets to the Gala. Please RSVP to email@example.com to reserve your spot. Join Ambassadors now to attend the Gala and all Ambassadors events free for one year or purchase individual tickets below.
Gala underwriters receive special recognition and benefits, including reserved tables and exclusive animal experiences. For more information on underwriting opportunities, please click here.
Underwriting Sponsor – Eco Enthusiasts: $2,500
Underwriting Sponsor – Nature’s Nurturers: $3,500
Underwriting Sponsor – Collection Conservators: $5,000
For more information about the Ambassadors Gala, or if you prefer to reserve your tickets or tables over the phone please contact Cathren Saunders at 713-533-6849 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Thanks to Gala SponsorsGeorgina and Thad Armstrong • Mary Jo and Mick Cantu & Amy and David Reddell • CenterPoint Energy • Margaret and TJ Farnsworth • Cherrill Farnsworth and Pete Pavluk • Fidelity National Title Commercial Division • InTown Homes • Jackson Walker LLP • Opportune LLP • Porter Hedges LLP • Seyfarth Shaw LLP & Suzanna Bonham Fulcher and Brant Fulcher • Mike Townsend & Terry Deyo
No Label Brewing Co. • Robert Mondavi Private Selection
Americas • Coltivare Pizza & Garden • Fluff Bake Bar • Hunky Dory British-American Tavern • Kata Robata • Lucille’s • Paulie’s • Revival Market • RDG BAR ANNIE • Underbelly
2015 Ambassadors Gala Chairs
Georgina and Thad Armstrong
2015 Ambassadors Gala Restaurant Chairs
Lindsey Brown and Chris Shepherd of Underbelly
2015 Ambassadors Gala Host Committee
Margaret and Brian Bravo • Diana and Mike Cumbow • Margaret and TJ Farnsworth • Kristina and Kevin Frankel • Suzanna and Brant Fulcher • Monica and Burdette Huffman • Katherine and Mac Marshall • Cara Burton Nunnally and Knox Nunnally • Elizabeth Tobin and Rob Priske • Amy and David Reddell • Wade Sadler • Posey and Lawrence Saenz • Candace and Brian Thomas • Courtney and Bill Toomey